Who Is Cam Yearty?

My photo
Athens, GA, United States
Cam is a 24 year old Environmental Planning and Design Master's student at the University of Georgia who is trying to better understand the world in which we live. He is doing this by finishing graduate school and trying to GET A JOB. HIRE ME! I DO MAPS!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Duval County Map (w/political propoganda)

Check out this link if you care at all about the path of our country.

HA! Told you I would post a map!!! Here is a map I created today that shows some socio-economic data. What this map is showing is land value (expressed in dollars/acre) and the routes of public transportation in the county. You can see some neat occurrences when  looking at the map. The darker the shaded area, the more valuable the land. Notice that transportation routes make special detours on occasion to the darker areas, while most of the straight lines go through lower-valued areas. This appears contrary to what one might expect. I would like to critique my map by saying that to be more informative I should include actual transportation stops, rather than routes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment